A FILM BY ZOÉ PELCHAT
Short Film – Québec – 2020 – 15 min
Color | French with English subtitles | 1.85 | 5.1
Babz Dubreuil, a lonely but endearing ex-convict, works as a cook in a breakfast restaurant. When she asks a customer for a date, her life takes an unexpected turn: that of redemption.
- Vancouver International Film Festival, 2020 *Special Jury Mention
- Festival du nouveau cinéma, 2020
- FICFA, 2020 *Best Canadian Short Film
- Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival, 2021
- Aspen Film Festival, 2021
- Canadian Film Festival, 2021 *BEST PERFORMANCE, FEMALE (SHORT FILM) – JOANIE MARTEL
- Rendez-vous Québec Cinéma (RVQC), 2021
- Gala Prix Iris, 2021
- Gala Prends ça Court!, 2021
- LA Shorts, 2021
- Tenerife Shorts Festival, 2021
- Festival of Tolerance – JFF Zagreb, 2021
- Social World Film Festival, 2021
- Joanie Martel
- Alexandre Lavigne
- Martine Francke
- Guillaume Gauthier
- Reda Guerinik
- Director : Zoé Pelchat
- Producer : Mélanie S. Dubois (MéMO Films)
- Director of Photography : Derek Branscombe
- Sound : Pierre-Hugues Rondeau
- Editing : Charles Grenier
Zoé Pelchat got her first break with her webseries DOMINOS, crowned Best Digital Series at the first edition of the Canneseries in 2018. Written and directed by Zoé, this unique drama has garnered enthusiastic critical acclaim and impressive media coverage. DOMINOS has also won numerous awards and nominations in the festival circuit. After a bachelor’s degree in communications at Concordia University, she studied filmmaking at INIS, and made her teeth directing music videos and commercials in Montreal. Her fiction projects, which she writes and directs, all have a very personal touch; a mix of darkness and humour, an aesthetic of imperfection and a deep love for humanity. MOON is her first short film.
Dominos 2 (2020). Fiction webseries. 43 min.
Dominos (2018). Fiction webseries. 45 min.
The 21 (2018). Documentary webseries. 45 min.
Les Presqu’histoires. Fiction webseries. 20 min.