A FILM BY PIER-PHILIPPE CHEVIGNY
Short Film – Quebec – 2019 – 15 min
Color | French with English subtitles | 1.66:1 | 5.1
To Alex, a naive six years old boy, the mysterious patrols his father leads with his right-wing militia are just more occasions to go play hide and seek out in the woods. That morning, though, it all came into focus.
- Cannes Talents tout court, 2019
- Toronto International Film Festival – Shorts Cut, 2019
- Festival international du film francophone de Namur, 2019
- Festival du Nouveau Cinéma, 2019
- South Western International Film Festival, 2019
- Festival Plein(s) Écran(s), 2020
- Tournai Ramdam Festival, 2020
- Festival Le Temps Presse, 2020
- Rendez-Vous Québec Cinéma, 2020
- Providence Children’s Film Festival, 2020
- Kingston Canadian Film Festival, 2020
- Gala Prends ca court!, 2020 *SARTEC Award
- REGARD | Saguenay International Short Film Festival, 2020
- Tout Court, Nuove Voci del cinema francofono, 2020
- Le Carrousel International du film de Rimouski, 2020
- Taos Shortz Film Festival, 2020
- New York City Independent Film Festival, 2020
- Festival du Film Subversif de Metz, 2020
- Busan International Short Film Festival, 2020
- Ottawa’s International Film Festival, 2020
- Filmoramax, 2020
- International Short Film Festival PSAROKOKALO, 2020
- NewFilmmakers Los Angeles Monthly Film Festival, 2020
- DC Shorts, 2020
- Off-Courts Trouville, 2020
- Flickers’ Rhode Island International Short Film Festival, 2020
- Tirana International Film Festival, 2020
- PRINDIE – Princeton Independent Film Festival, 2020 *PRINDIE Audience Award
- Rincon International Film Festival, 2020 *Director’s Choice – Best Cinematography for a Narrative Short
- Édouard-B. Larocque
- Émile Schneider
- Sasha Migliarese
- Jean-Nicolas Verreault
- Director: Pier-Philippe Chevigny
- Producer: Geneviève Gosselin-G. (Unité Centrale)
- Director of photography: Gabriel Brault-Tardif
- Production Design: Frédéric Devost
- Sound: Jean-Sébastien Beaudoin-Gagnon
- Sound Editing / Sound Design: Simon Gervais
- Editing: Pier-Philippe Chevigny
Pier-Philippe Chevigny is a young filmmaker from Montreal, Quebec. His films share a common signature, combining sociopolitical subject matter with suspenseful writing and intense, often frantic camerawork. For the past few years, his short film have garnered international attention, with Tala (2013) scoring a deal with European broadcaster ARTE and Vétérane (2017) selected in numerous world-class festival including Winterthur and Mecal Pro. With his latest short Rebel (2019) competing at the prestigious Toronto International Film Festival, Pier-Philippe is currently finishing the script for his first feature length movie.
RICHELIEU | In development. Feature Film. Unité centrale.
RECRUE | 2019
Fiction. 15 minutes. Unité centrale.
HAMEÇON | 2019 Documentary. 15 minutes.
VÉTÉRANE | 2017
Fiction. 15 minutes. DAVAI.
LA VISITE | 2015
Documentary. 8 minutes. Films Six.
TALA | 2013
Fiction. 13 minutes. Films Six.
LA RÉSISTANCE D’HIPPOCRATE | 2013
Documentary. 27 minutes.