A FILM BY MATHIEU GRIMARD
Short Film – Quebec – 2019 – 14 min
Color | Russian and Ukrainian with English and French subtitles | 1.85 | Stereo
For Ian Golovin, the death of his father is the chance at a new life outside his native country. As he prepares to leave and bid farewell to his sister, he is forced to face his decision — why he is always blindly moving forward and what he is leaving behind.
- Abitibi-Témiscamingue International Film Festival, 2019 *Special Jury Mention
- Images en Vue Short Film Festival, 2019
- Torino Short Film Market, 2019
- Berlinale | Generation 14plus, 2020
- REGARD | Saguenay International Short Film Festival, 2020
- Gala Prends ça court!, 2020
- Taos Shortz Film Festival, 2020
- Ian Golovin – OLEKSANDR RUDINSKIY
- Masha – DASHA PLAHTIY
- Anna Golovin – MARIIA STOPNYK
- Director : Mathieu Grimard
- Producers : Simon Corriveau-Gagné & Mathieu Grimard (Golovin Films)
- Line Producer : Serhiy Solodko
- Director of Photography : Ariel Méthot
- Sound : Natasha Avramenko
- Sound Design : Francois Bélanger
- Editing : Mathieu Grimard
Mathieu Grimard is a self-taught writer and director, born in 1988 in Montreal, Canada. His storytelling gets its style from youth culture and the human experience. Math has directed over 40 music videos plus campaigns for Lancôme, Toyota, P&G and more.
His early work was exceptional in its experimental visuals, brought to life in shorts ‘Fleurs: Between Us Two’ and ‘Gomme’.
Set in Eastern Europe, ‘Goodbye Golovin’ is his latest — exploring life, leaving home and the loss of belonging.
GOODBYE GOLOVIN | 2019 | fiction | 14 min | QUEBEC
FLEUR : BETWEEN US TWO | 2017 | experimental | 3 min | QUEBEC